Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2015

story of a fighter

Todays post is all about how I started with sports.
When I was 9 I started athletics and here I have to thank my best friend Valerie. She was the reason why I started. As we were best friends we wanted to spend more time together and she was already in the team so she said: Well I ll take you to a training session and if you like it you can start too. And so it was I was fascinated from the very beginning! My mum bought me my running colthes and I started to train. But first I had to ask my pneumologist  as I suffer from very strong asthma. He only said yes under one condition:

If once in a run I´d have an asthma attack I must stopp immediately.
Carole, my Best friend Valerie &on the right me
 Haha guys look at my shoes OMG this was one of my very very fisrt competition.
 When I started I never believed that I would become a good athlet / runner. In my first year I did well but in my second I was in a beast mode. While the crosses in winter the badest placement I made was 4th but still 3rd Luxemburgish runner. So I did great and earned some medal which I stil have hanginh in my room. But never won... but it wasn´t that important to me. I had so much fun and it was my passion I was heart over head all in.
Then I my 3rd year I was asked to join the National Athletics Team. I was so happy and of course I said yes! So first I had to pass a test (it was to go to a sportschool but I failed...I didn´t got in, I missed 9 points) but they accepted me in the National Team. I joined the middle distance runner afterwards I changed to the sprinter team. I trained every day of the week. monday at school, tuesday with the national team, wednesday I lifted weights with my athletics tea and on thursday I trained at the stadium with the team Friday again a training with the national team, saturday I had running sessions with another team I was in called ´Runningteam´ and  Sunday oh Sunday was again lifting weights. So i have to say I lived for this! 
But it wasn´t always that easy I had a knee injury for  8 months. I think this was the most horrible thing ever. The docs didn´t know what to do so I had to take a break. No more trainings, fitness sessions and races even at school I was only allowed to go swimming so I went swimming like 3-4 times a week !. But I haven´t been a middle distance runner I also became a good hurdler and did well. I LOVED IT. (I was so passionated that I did training sessions of 3hrs, I often was the last one who left the stadium)
But sadly I left the national team because my trainer didn´t motivate me, he even told me that I wasn´t good (haha well why the hell was I in the team? ) But I went my own way and reached what I wanted without him. After 7 years I had to stop because my team wasn´t the same anymore, trainers left and all this wasn´t the same anymore. But I regularly went for a run and played basketball in a team haha. I am definetly not able to play in a team.

I can tell you I had a lots of asthma attacks and even fainted once in a race but I got my damn ass up and ended it. Even my trainer once wanted to take me out of a race because it pushed myself to my limits that my mum though if I wouldn´t stopp immediatly Iwould be hospitalized but I pushed my trainer away & didn´t stop. I never ever gave up on one race.

Since April 2014 I go to the gym and never felt better!






Gym <3