Freitag, 6. November 2015

Jay & Jay review

hey readers I hope your friday will be great,
yes the week is almost over and our beloved weekend is only a few hours away from us.

Todays post is a little review of a restaurant I´ve been on thursday with my lovely friend Vanessa.
I have to tell you the story how we ´landed´ in this restaurant. First we decided to have a cheatmeal at Pizza Hut. So we wanted to order one Cheesy Crust pizza for two and the waitress was so unfriendly when we asked something that we left.
SO NO FOOD.

I proposed to Vanessa that I know a new restaurant called ,,Jay & Jay Fresh Foods´´ but I haven´t been there yet & so we had lunch at this new place.

It is a father and son restaurant and at the moment there are only two. One in Saarbrücken and one in Hermeskeil (GR). So lucky me!  Their food is all homemade and they grow their own vegetables.. The meat is regional,  homemade and low in fat and salt. They don´t use chemical flavor enhancers or genetic changed ingredients. Click here to check out their page.
So sounds really good and so it was/is!

When we came in we had to go upstairs to the 2nd floor. The entire restaurant has a beautiful vintage country style. Big windows lighten up the room and everything is made of wood. You have stools with cowprints and some shelves with empty colorful glas bottles.
The waitress was really friendly and explained everything to us.
The menu is not that big but enough and not very expensive.
You can order;

  • starters
  • big salads
  • different kinds of burgers with and withour bun: meat (beef, lamb, veal, chicken), fish (salmon), veggie and vegan
  • Some side dishes such as sauces which are all vegan
  • for the startes, burgers and salads they also have vegan meals
  • slow coked meals
  • quiches
  • and desserts
Vanessa ordered a cheese burger with some extra bacon and I ordered a vegan burger with both had fries as sidedish and I had vegan mayo and vanessa a herb dip.

I am very satisfied. We didn´t wait long, the food was hot and very good an everything tastes great. The vegan pattie was made of lentils, peas, pumpkin, sweet potato and leek & i loved it.
The mayo was also vegan and made with soymilk.

I hope when you are once in Saarbrücken you step buy cause is good and healthy food for little money. ( I had for 11,30euro)







Vanessas cheese burger

my vegan burger
Vanessa <3